Do you love classical music, especially the music of J. S. Bach? Would you like to help make sure that Bach’s music continues to be heard in Baltimore? If your answer is “YES”, plan to join the band of volunteers who support the monthly concerts of the Bach Concert Series at Christ Lutheran Church in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Click here to download a volunteer application. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Caroline Heaney, Program Associate in the Bach Concert Series office, at 410-941-9262 or BachConcertSeries@BachInBaltimore.org.
What Do We Expect?
1. A friendly personality, comfortable with meeting and greeting our diverse patron family
2. Friendly and cooperative interaction with Board and Choir members, staff and other volunteers
3. When assisting at concerts, 4-5 hours of your valuable time on one or more first Sundays of the month, October through June
4. Time on weekdays to work on particular assignments
5. Willingness to be a consistent supporter of the Bach Concert Series
What Do We Offer?
1. Opportunity to be an active participant in an established but rapidly growing cultural arts organization
2. Free admission to BCS ticketed concerts
3. Half-price admission to the BCS major fund raiser, the annual BachFest
4. Chance to work with other volunteers strongly committed to classical music
Some of the Many Different Tasks With Which You Might Want to Help
1. Stuffing program books with multiple inserts prior to each concert
2. Greeting patrons, handing out programs, taking tickets and counting concert attendance
3. Selling beverages, CDs, books, tee shirts, future concert tickets, etc. in the Bach Shop before and after concerts
4. Placing risers, podia, chairs, music stands/lights prior to concerts and returning to storage following
5. Break-down of concert venue following concerts and sorting program books for reuse
6. Assisting with preparing bulk mailings to patrons
7. For ticketed concerts, assisting with ticket sales and Will Call ticket distribution
8. Securing items for the Silent Auction held as part of annual fund raiser, BachFest.
9. Helping to set up, manage and break-down BachFest and the Silent Auction
10. Tabulating the Annual Audience Survey
11. Selling ads for the annual Program Book
12. Writing proposals for government and foundation grants
13. Distributing flyers in Federal Hill/South Baltimore
14. Arrangements with youth choirs in advance and hosting them on concert days
1. When assisting at concerts, physical stamina to stand for 2 or 3 hours greeting patrons, distributing programs, gathering tickets, counting attendance
2. For concert set-up, ability to assist with moving music stands and risers up and down stairs involving weights of 30 pounds and more